How To Avoid Unexpected Medical Expenses
USE IN-NETWORK CARE PROVIDERS.
* Do NOT ask "do you take [XYZ Insurance]"
* DO ask "are you in [ABC Network]"
PLAN AHEAD FOR A PROCEDURE.
* All care providers and facilities in-network.
* Get cost estimates.
* Include pre and post treatment.
* List all medical procedure codes.
* Ask providers how to lower costs.
* Ask your insurance company for help!
BUY SUPPLEMENTAL COVERAGE.
* Do this before you have an illness or injury
* Low cost accident, critical illness, hospital and surgical plans can pay your deductibles and co-insurance.
* Enroll with a Medical Bill Negotiator